How do I set up my domain with Blogger or Blogspot?
To set up your domain with Blogger or Blogspot, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Hostflyer client area.
- Select “Domains” from the top menu bar and click “My Domains” in the drop-down.
- Click on your domain and you will find the domain overview details.
- Choose “DNS Settings” from the “left side” navigation.
- In the “Domain Record (required)” field, select “A” from the drop-down menu and enter Google’s IP 220.127.116.11 in the “IP Address” box.
- Repeat the same steps and create 3 additional A records pointing to IP addresses 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, and 126.96.36.199.
- In the “Subdomain Records (optional) field”, enter “www” as the subdomain record, select “CNAME” from the drop-down menu, and enter ghs.google.com under the “IP Address or Target Host” box. Please note Blogger may ask you to enter another CNAME record. You can verify their current settings here.
- Press the “Save DNS” button to save your changes.
Please be aware that it might take some time for your name server changes to propagate.
Next, you need to configure your settings with Blogger:
- Sign in to your Blogger account.
- Navigate to Dashboard, Settings, Publishing, Add a custom domain, Switch to advanced settings.
- In the “Advanced Settings” box, type in your domain name (For example: www.yourdomain.com).
- Press the Save button to save your changes.
Once you have completed the above steps, you will be able to connect your custom domain with blogger or blogspot.